By Jessica Holdsworth from Love My Earth
EVERYONE LOVES MUM’S OLD FAVOURITE RECIPE. HERE’S A TIST ON A CLASSIC, WITH A PINCH OF OUR MILK KERALA CURRY MIX.
500g organic self-raising flour and extra for dusting
3 tablespoon of LME Kerala Mix
Pinch of Salt
300ml of milk
1 cup of finely chopped vegetables and herbs (see tips)
- Preheat oven to 220C prepare a floured baking tray and scone cutter.
- In a large bowl add flour, Kerala mix, salt and finely chopped vegetables.
- With a wooden spoon alternatively add milk and cream to flour, mix into a soft scone dough.
- Lay dough onto a floured surface, sprinkle with a little flour and knead lightly into an even thickness (2.5cm). Do not over knead.
- Cut scones out with cutter and place on floured baking tray. Brush the tops with a little milk.
- Bake in a hot oven for 12 minutes
- Serve hot with butter and chutney.
Tip: I used a mixture of finely chopped onion, capsicum, parsley, grated cheese. I also used a small scone cutter.
READY IN 20 MINUTES
SERVES 18 SCONES
TAGS – VEGETARIAN, KARELA, FAMILY FRIENDLY